Just a quick note to say THANK YOU for the confidence you put in our candidates yesterday and for the support you provided throughout this election season. What we accomplished is nothing short of historic. Together, we:
- Defeated an incumbent governor for only the third time in Ohio history.
- Retained a seat in the United States Senate.
- Swept every statewide office, defeating four incumbent executive officeholders.
- Won solid majorities in both legislative chambers.
- Added at least 12 seats in the Ohio House, defeating 10 incumbents and picking up two open seats.
- Gained two seats in the Ohio Senate for the largest majority since 1967.
- Defeated five congressional incumbents, winning 13 of 18 U.S. House seats.
- Helped fire Nancy Pelosi and put an Ohioan in line to be the next Speaker of the United States House of Representatives.
- Defeated a sitting chief justice for the first time in 24 years.
- Kept three seats on the Ohio Supreme Court.
- Elected the first female chief justice in the history of the state.
- Broke every volunteer voter contact number on record. Improved early voting performance to its highest level in party history.
- Turned out more voters than the Ohio Democratic Party, which pundits labeled as the nation's third largest Democratic organization and "the best state party in the country."
All on a fraction of the resources available to us in any previous election of the past decade. Most importantly, we kicked down Barack Obama's firewall in Ohio as the 2012 presidential season gets underway.
We could not have done any of it without you. Our party has come a long way in the last four years, and we have a long way to go. Now it's time to lead Ohio to a better future, and Republicans will work tirelessly to earn the confidence entrusted to us on Tuesday.
Thank you again for your support.
Chairman, Ohio Republican Party